Friday, January 16, 2009

Here it is: Mom'z Mealz (aka the Hippie Meal)




I wrote before about my plan for the faux happy meals.  Well, I finally got my ebay-purchased Happy Meal toys.  I found some 100% recycled paper bags at Target in two sizes: tote sized with handles and a smaller size to fit nuggets and fries.  I also created a little "logo" since we're obviously not creating real happy meals but, rather, Mom'z Mealz.

But here they are.  The ingredients:

Home made lemon-lime soda (see recipe on this blog)
Applegate farms all-natural chicken nuggets
Whole Foods' 365 Everyday brand Organic Shoestring potatoes, tossed in olive oil and baked
organic ketchup
steamed broccoli
small toy

The result?  Two very happy kidz, especially my 6 year old who really, really, really misses happy meals.  It's really all about the toy, anyway.  

My brother heard about this and gave the meals a new name: "Hippie Meals."  I love it.  I will incorporate it into the "logo" I made.


1 comment:

LucisMomma said...

That is really cute! Great work, Mom!